Edwin Fulwider

Old Central School was located just south of where the Monroe Convention Center stands today. The back of the school overlooked the Monon railroad, now the B-Line Trail. Pictured here in 1907, the school was built in 1873 and was torn down to build a parking lot in the 1950s. | Photo courtesy of the IU Archives

Lynae Sowinski
Vice President, Board of Directors at Limestone Post
Lynae joined Limestone Post in the summer of 2015. She works with all contributors and manages the editorial content for the site.

A Bloomington native, Lynae graduated with honors from Indiana University’s School of Journalism in 2012 with a minor in sociology. She started her editing career at Bloom Magazine as a high school intern and, over the course of almost eight years, advanced to the position of associate editor. Among other duties, she managed the website, magbloom.com, which won Best Journalism Website in 2012 from the Indiana chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.